It’s Friday evening, but still Friday enough for a Friday post.
I spent all of Thursday at a hospital with my youngest son who was having a biopsy. In difficult circumstances, I am grateful for bits of humor. Here goes:
- When my son woke up from surgery, he said two things: “Mommy?” and when he remembered Daddy took him to the hospital “Toys R Us?”
- More than one nurse assumed I was a single dad because my wife stayed home to take care of our other son.
- In the waiting room, I said “I better move this coffee so I don’t spill it.” In doing so, I made a huge mess by spilling my coffee.
- The hospital was so new that Google Maps street view showed it as just beams and girders.
- In the surgical waiting room, someone thought it was a good idea to watch “1,000 Ways to Die” on the television.
Little guy pulled through the surgery well. Still waiting on test results.