I do restorative yoga, which is a mix of meditation and yoga, because it is phenomenal for my mental well being. Also because it involves lying down a lot, which I find attainable.
During our mindfulness sessions, we practice being mindful of our thoughts. Here are mine:
- If we always have to do yoga on a mat, why don’t they just make the floor out of yoga mats?
- Is there cursing in Sanskrit?
- Holding in the fart. Holding in the fart. Holding in the fart.
- It’s a small, small, world [because I went to Disneyworld in January and YOU CAN NEVER GET THAT SONG OUT OF YOUR HEAD].
- Is all-male yoga called bro-ga?
- Why does the Buddha’s head look like an acorn?
- Shake Ey, Ey, Ey, Ey Shake, Ta Ta And do the Harlem Shake [It was funny the first seventy times. No. More. Please.]
- Finally figured out that Mitt Romney looks like the Mayor of Whoville.
- Is the song “Brown Girl in the Ring” a little bit racist? How about the song “Everybody’s a Little Racist?”
- What this place needs is more windchime!
I have to add that my truly wonderful yoga instructor has told us that in India, you’re supposed to fart during yoga class, but that has not caught on here.